International Experience – Canada, is one of the most popular programs for people between the ages of 18 to 30-35. The participation age depends on the agreement that each country signed with Canada. This program offers an open work permit or specific employer that allows you to work anywhere in Canada for more than one employer. Thirty-seven countries participate in this program based on international agreements among them. There are a few categories:

Working Holiday
Under this category, it is not necessary to have an employment offer; you can work for more than one employer and are free to move to any province in Canada. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship – IRCC issues work permits after meeting pre-established requirements.

Young Professionals
If you have received a job offer and are between the ages mentioned above, an employer-specific work permit is issued. Payments you receive can be from an employer or self-employment. Labour laws from the province you will work applies.

It is important to note that in Canada, each profession or trade is classified in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), which describes the work involved.

International Co-op (Internship)
An internship is an excellent option to gain Canadian experience. You can participate in this category if you are a student and registered at a post-secondary institution, have a job offer, and your work is a requirement to complete the program you are studying. The work permit is employer-specific.

If your particular country does not have an agreement with Canada, there are eight Recognized Organizations (RO) that can make this opportunity possible.