Are you looking for someone to care for your elder parent or child? 

There are two immigration pilot programs that a foreign national can apply to if they have an employer with a genuine job offer.  

  • The Home Child Care Provider Class and 
  • The Home Support Worker Class

Both have requirements that need to be met and can lead to permanent residence. The process will depend on whether you have no experience, some experience, or twelve or more months of experience. Also, language will be essential and be admissible in Canada.  

These programs have been in place from June 18, 2019, until June 17, 2024. There is a specific number of applications that Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship will receive per year. Each category gets 2,750 applications. Applications are received at the beginning of each year, and places go quickly. The process is conducted in two stages, an eligible employer and an eligible foreign national. 

You can also apply for a Temporary Foreign Worker Program if you don’t meet the requirements of the pilot programs and obtain a work permit specific to one employer and one of the two occupations through an LMIA-based process. This latest process is for people already in Canada or destined for Quebec.


Contact us